This outreach project provides many and varied outdoor pursuits programmes, water activities, team initiatives and activity days to members, schools, youth groups and social partners. This project specifically targets marginalised youth. Individual and specific requirements are catered for depending on the client group and particular needs.
The range of activities and programmes on offer:
- Water activities including; powerboating, dinghy sailing, canoeing, kayaking, rafting and body boarding.
- Team building initiatives, crazy games, mind puzzles.
- Training, assessment and certification in sailing, powerboating and canoeing disciplines.
- Activity days which include various sports, crazy games, orienteering, cycling etc.
- Summer camps.
- Individual or group powerboat rides.
- To establish and assist in the development of children's / young peoples talents.
- To provide quality affordable –sports, outdoor pursuits and alternative recreational activities to disadvantaged young people, schools, social partners and youth groups.
- To provide ongoing quality training and qualification in outdoor pursuits programmes and activities for staff, volunteers, members and others in the community.
The benefits of this project for children, young people and adults
- Learning new skills with formal certification.
- Develop team skills, self-discipline and communication skills.
- Enhance self-confidence, self-esteem and self-belief.
- Encourage learning through recreational activities.
- Sampling alternative sporting activities.